September 28, 2020
Dear Rebel Athletes and Parents,
All fall sports are now back! The boards have voted to allow sports programming during a hybrid learning model. Here are a few updates:
1) VB Tryouts begin today 9/28 in Moose Lake for 8-12th graders. Practice will be 4-7PM. For more information and to sign up for tryouts, please email Head Coach Kelsey Swanstrom at email@example.com
2) Football practice begins today in Moose Lake. Please contact Dave Louzek at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
3) We will be offering all levels of sports this season although junior high football and volleyball will run on a much reduced schedule (with 2-3 games each). Junior High VB begins in Willow River on Monday, October 5th and will run through Nov. 5th. Junior High Football begins today in Moose Lake and will run through Nov. 5th.
4) There will be no spectators allowed at volleyball games this year and football will be capped at 250. More information regarding football tickets will be available at a later date. Games will be livestreamed and more information on this will also be available at a later date.
5) Please make sure your child has turned in their physical and eligibility form to their respective AD. Your child will also be receiving the COVID 19 letter from the MSHSL. By signing your eligibility form, you are acknowledging that it is your choice to play athletics and you will abide by all rules. Both of these forms can be found on either school's website or can be grabbed from a coach.
6) If at any point we are forced to move to distance learning, all athletic programming will be paused until we are out of that learning mode. This has been decided by the MSHSL.
7) Patience is going to be key as we navigate this last minute additional season. We are excited for our athletes and ask that everyone continues to abide by MDH/MDE guidelines so we can continue to offer sports! Please contact AD's or coaches with any additional questions.